This one is two different types of mahogany, veneered, stained and cleared. This buckaw is a bit thicker than usual, and the veneer adds strength. This is nice given mahogany is a relatively lightweight material.
- Blade: 24" Bahco peg tooth
- Cutting clearance: 6.5" (edge to center brace)
- Tension System: twist style, mil-spec parachute cord with a wooden toggle
- Closure System: the blade folds into slits cut into the handles, and is kept closed by lashing the crossbar and handles together with the side laces. Makes for an easy, no-tools-required assembly in the woods.
- No carrying case is necessary or currently included. Snugly fits in the 25" Frost River saw bag or many old tent-pole bags.
- Average Weight: 18-20 oz (varies with each wood; lightest to heaviest: walnut, cherry, red oak, maple)